ACS-Embrace, based in Sandton, is looking to expand our team with driven individuals. We are looking for a Quality Control Assistant to work with our Quality Control Manager, testing our ERP system and updating our release notes and on-line helps. If you are looking to work with a team of highly motivated professionals, have work experience testing or using a comparable ERP system and are proficient in written English, then we want to hear from you.
Whenever an application is amended or a new application developed, the quality control department is responsible for the thorough testing of that application and all related applications to ensure the changes made are working correctly and haven’t adversely affected other related applications or systems.
A good understanding of general business systems is necessary, ideally with strong financial abilities and proficiency in written English.
Attention to detail is a must, as well as tenacity, in trying every possible interaction a user might try, ensuring that the latest changes maintain system stability and ease of use.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team and communicate at all levels is a requirement of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Thoroughly test applications detailed in change logs from a user point of view
- Check the various help levels - program, screen and field helps and update as required so as to reflect the changes detailed in the change log
- Perform transactional testing with new and amended applications and balance the results with the output in the database using reports, enquiries and database extracts
- Update change logs with any faults found and document the errors with examples and screenshots in a meaningful and articulate way
- Accurately update release notes with all changes that have occurred
- Work under the direction of the Quality Control manager
- A commerce degree with financial subjects
- Work experience testing or using a comparable mid-range ERP package
- Ability to write on-line helps and release notes with the correct use of the English language is a key requirement
- Contactable References from previous Employers
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Strong conscientious work ethic
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to self-teach at times, but confident enough to seek assistance where and when required
- Logical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Work in a team
- Communication – Written and verbal, organised thought process, polite and respectful of others
- Workload Management – Works with little direction and supervision, completes projects timeously, makes time for unplanned adjustments and adapts to changing priorities
- Ethics and Integrity – Perceived fairness, tolerance, honesty, consistent in application of policies and procedures
For more information or to apply
If you are a focused and driven candidate, seeking a full time Quality Control Assistant position, send us your CV along with a cover letter elaborating your relevant qualifications and experience to email@example.com
All materials will be kept in the strictest confidence.