ACS-Embrace, based in Sandton, is looking to expand our team with driven individuals. We are looking for an Application Documentation and ERP Technical Writer to work with our Quality Control Manager, documenting and updating existing documentation and manuals into Wikis, E-Learning and On-line content for our locally developed Embrace ERP system. If you are looking to work with a team of highly motivated professionals, have technical writing work experience in the ERP System environment and are proficient in written English, then we want to hear from you.
The role will also include the development of a comprehensive E-Learning environment for web-based on-line client and in-house training. The quality control department is responsible for the thorough documentation of all application changes and updates to ensure the training manuals remain update to date, comprehensive and easy to use. The Projects team are responsible for the provision of training courses and content during the implementation of Embrace ERP at clients.
A good understanding of general business systems is necessary, ideally with strong financial and operational abilities and proficiency in written English.
Attention to detail is a must, as well as tenacity, in finding creative ways to document and evolve the documentation systems and E-Learning platform.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team and communicate at all levels is a requirement of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Thoroughly document applications and systems as modified during the SDLC
- Check the various help levels - program, screen and field helps and update as required so as to reflect the latest features
- Update User and System documentation with latest changes that have occurred
- Assist with the evaluation of suitable tools and the delivery of new solutions to migrate the existing documentation and manuals into Wikis, E-Learning and On-line content
- Work under the direction of the Projects and Quality Control managers
- A commerce degree with financial subjects
- Work experience testing or using a comparable mid-range ERP package, preferably in a Documentation or Quality Control type role
- The ability to write documentation, on-line helps, training content and release notes with the correct use of the English language is a key requirement
- Contactable References from previous Employers
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Strong conscientious work ethic
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to self-teach at times, but confident enough to seek assistance where and when required
- Logical thinker
- Attention to detail
- Work in a team
- Communication – Written and verbal, organised thought process, polite and respectful of others
- Workload Management – Works with little direction and supervision, completes projects timeously, makes time for unplanned adjustments and adapts to changing priorities
- Ethics and Integrity – Perceived fairness, tolerance, honesty, consistent in application of policies and procedures
For more information or to apply
If you are a focused and driven candidate, seeking a full time Technical Writer position in ERP applications documentation and training content, send us your CV, along with a cover letter elaborating your relevant qualifications and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org
All materials will be kept in the strictest confidence.